First Sandy and now NEMO! The Storm’s name may have changed but the ideas are still the same….
Most of us on the East Coast are at home right now waiting out Ms. Sandy. So before we go climbing up the walls and have bad weather AND missing children/significant others. Here is my list of things to do in order to keep calm in your home during the storm.
- Find earphones. Most of us on the East Cost live in apartments. Which means if all the TV’s are on you have to listen to Phineas and Ferb, Shake It Up and the likes. all damn day long someone is gonna get hurt. Put in your earphones and ignore the suckers.
- Bubble bath. Put them in the tub, with lots of toys, you will get at least an hour to yourself. And then take one yourself.
- Chores. You know all the cleaning and organizing that they DIDNT do because of school, homework and the like. Well there is no school for the next two days so get at it.
- Exercise. My little one is active so, I put on my Insanity workout and double dared her to beat me during the workout. You will get your workout on and tire the suckers out.
- Off Limit Toys. You know you have them, the activity thing with too much paint, dust or moving parts. Give it to them and let them have it. If it makes to much noise, refer to #1, EARPLUGS.
- Scary movies. Let them watch a scary movie. It WILL keep them quiet, trust me. Or let them watch a disaster movie. LOL. They will be more prone to listening to you when you speak over the next 36 hours.
- Hurricane Preparation. Get them involved, have them make a list of 10-15 items that they would take with them if you have to evacuate. Then, once they compile this list, make them go around the house and FIND the items. It will teach them not to play with your crap and make them remember where their crap is.
- Benadryl and booze. No explanation needed. (kidding, really, maybe)
- Honey Lets Talk. This is the line that you use for those of you that have husbands and boyfriends. I am sure that hearing this will make them disappear for the next 36 hours.